As comic collectors know the final issue of a series can be harder to find due to a lower print run. Akira 38 is a great example of this. It hard to find in any grade and can sell for $150+ in NM. Issues 36 and 37 of the Marvel Epic Akira series can also command a decent price. Golden Apple Comics recently purchased a collection with all 3 of these issues. We are currently auctioning them off on our eBay account.
Akira 38 has an amazing cover and is one of my favorite from the series. It also features an all-star team writing the back up story including Larry Hama and Warren Ellis. With a pin-up gallery by Mike Alled, John Romita, Alex Toth, Joe Madureira, Kevin O'Neill and even Moebius!
Click on the image to check out our eBay listings for these books.
ANIMATION IS FILM is a major animation festival produced by GKIDS in collaboration with Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Variety, and ASIFA Hollywood. The inaugural event takes place October 20-22, 2017 at the historic Mann’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood (TCL Chinese 6 Theater) and features a highly selective showcase of the best animated films from around the world, plus red carpet, filmmaker Q&As, special events, receptions, short film programs, VR Lounge, and both juried and audience awards.
ANIMATION IS FILM fills a gap in the market by launching a world class animation festival in the US, with its home in the world capital of filmmaking. The Festival embraces the highest aspirations of animation as a cinematic art form on par with live action, and will be vocal advocate for filmmakers who push the boundaries of their work to the fullest range of expression that the medium is capable of.
The purpose of the Festival is to:
- Present a highly selective, annual showcase of the best new works of animation from around the world, with programs for both adults and families.
- Champion and support filmmakers who use animation to pursue unique cinematic visions and who are unconstrained by conventional notions of what animation is capable of.
- Champion and support women filmmakers.
- Champion and support filmmakers from a wide range of cultural, economic, national and geographic backgrounds.
- Have a positive impact on Los Angeles’ diverse communities by making the Festival programs available to the widest range of audiences.